The Certificate of Attainment in Academic English (CAAE) has five levels from Intermediate to Advanced and you will enter into the programme at a level dependent on your current English level.
Classes focus on the skills needed for successful study in higher education in New Zealand such as academic writing, listening, note-taking, reading and oral presentation skills. Higher levels can provide direct entry to university programmes, please see below for exact details.
The Certificate of Attainment in English Language (CAEL) and CAAE are full-time courses which include a core programme of 20 hours per week plus an afternoon elective twice a week. All electives are subject to sufficient numbers in order to run and some choices may be restricted to students at higher levels.
Examples of electives include;
- Business English
- EAP skills for University Study
- Focus on Communication and Fluency
- Focus on Reading and Writing
- IELTS Preparation
- Preparation for postgraduate studies.
Intakes, course duration and fees
Each block is 10 weeks long with a one-week orientation.
- 2017: Fees are $4,950 per block plus Enrolment Levies up to $479 per year.
- 2018: Fees are $5,100 per block plus Enrolment Levies (2018 levy to be advised)
*Level 6, 7 & 8 only
Students can apply online through the Pathways College online application form