MA in Quantitative Economics gives students strong preparation in contemporary economic theory and econometric analysis methods enabling them to analyse and forecast economic processes. The programme has a special focus on micro- and macroeconomic theory and solving real life economic problems. Graduates will be able to continue their education in economics PhD programmes or follow a career as analysts in banks, public sector organizations, consultation firms and international companies. After completing the programme, the student:
- knows the main concepts in economics and has acquired the skills of making critical assessments over the applicability of these concepts;
- has acquired the ability to apply both micro- and macroeconomic models for analysing the problems which arise in economic practice;
- knows how to verbally, graphically, mathematically and empirically analyse and forecast both the behaviour of economic agents and also the impact of governmental policies;
- acquires experience in approaching complicated theoretical questions, as it enhances the ability to work with the literature at the scientific level;
- is ready to work at field-specific positions, thereat demonstrating high level of initiative and responsibility, together with management and teamwork skills
- has acquired the field-related terminology in English;
- has gained the experience of conducting scientific research and solving real life economic related problems in practice, together with the enhanced ability to express oneself both in writing and verbally.
Why study Quantitative Economics at UT?
- UT is ranked in the top 250 universities in the world in business and economics (QS Rankings 2020)
- Gives training in solving real/-life economic problems via the application of state-of-the-art economic analysis techniques with a special focus on micro- and macroeconomic theory.
- Cooperation with the Bank of Estonia and Swedbank provides internship possibilities, an award for the best thesis and job opportunities after graduation.
- Graduates can follow a career as analysts in banks, public sector organisations, consulting firms and international companies. 80% of our alumni work in Estonia.
- Study at the Delta Centre, which is one of the most modern centres of digital technology, mathemais and entrepreunership in the Nordic region.