This course offers the following two pathways, preparing you for a highly skilled career in industry and/or research.
- If you have a background in computer science or a related subject, this course is an ideal next step, with a variety of optional modules covering the school's research strengths such as artificial intelligence and human-computer interactions
- If you have a background in other subjects, modules in the first semester prepare you with fundamentals in computer science, ready for taking various optional modules in the second semester
MSc Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)
You have the option to tailor your degree with AI once you have registered. During your study, you are required to study 40 credits of AI modules, as well as to undertake the Research Project in Computer Science (AI) module. This allows you to graduate with the degree titled MSc Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence).
We have been teaching AI for over 10 years so you can be assured you'll be learning from the experts. Please note that the addition of '(Artificial Intelligence)' when choosing this option of the MSc Computer Science is not considered a different degree for funding purposes.
In the application portal, please select MSc Computer Science.
During the summer period, you will undertake an individual research project. This could be software-based or research-based. Collaboration with business, industry, and other outside bodies is encouraged.
This course is linked to the school’s research groups:
- Agents Laboratory
- Automated Scheduling, Optimisation and Planning Group
- Computer Vision Laboratory
- Data Driven Algorithms, Systems and Design
- Functional Programming Lab
- Intelligent Modelling and Analysis
- Lab for Uncertainty in Data and Decision Making
- Mixed Reality Laboratory
Our broad research means we can offer a variety of projects crossing the spectrum of computer science.
Past project titles have included:
- Autonomous robot navigation and path following via RFID tag detection
- Deep Learning for Plant Phenotyping
- A multi-platform mobile application to prevent and cure obesity in Mexico
- Real world neural networks for interactive music composition in real time