The course has been designed for teachers and other education professionals, working in a range of educational settings. It will provide you with the opportunity to engage in structured study of, and reflection upon, the application of educational theories, ideas and concepts to a range of educational and community-based contexts.
It offers a unique combination of policy and practice-based perspectives on education located within the educational and other related experiences. It is taught by world-leading researchers who focus on the realities of professional practice using the social sciences. Course participants typically study the course in order to develop their careers in education through securing new posts, or promotion, in educational and education-related institutions.
- Develop critical understanding of key concepts in educational theory in order to enable an informed analysis of educational practices.
- Raise awareness of the influence of context upon education.
- Develop students' professional knowledge, understanding and skills in relation to their prior and emerging professional interests.
- To enable students to gain evaluative and analytical skills that will help them to critique education policy and practice.
- Develop capacity to engage in research to inform and develop practice.