Our MSc Applied Economics and Data Analysis is run jointly between our Department of Economics and our Institute for Social and Economic Research (ISER), which specialises in the analysis of household and labour market data.
On our course you will be provided the tools for analysing and implementing some of the models that are present in theory modules. You study data-orientated, applied modules, exploring topics including:
- Techniques used in the analysis of panel data
- The specification of models and the tests of their validity
- Methods for analysing persistence over time in economic variables
- Handling different types of datasets,
- Survey methodology and sampling frames, and how to deal with problems of response rates and attrition