In the third year BEng students will spend one third of their time on a their degree project, and select eight modules from the list of third year options. MEng students will take a large group project and options. In the fourth year of the MEng you will spend half your time on your degree project and half on specialist options. To progress to the 4th year of the programme students must have good academic performance in the first two years.
You can also take this degree with a Year of Study in Continental Europe or a Certificate in Industrial Studies. The first year of this programme is unified with that for Computer Science and for Computer Science and Software Engineering with Business Studies. During the first year you will be able to decide which programme suits your interests and requirements best before making a final choice.
Typical final year projects:
- Visualisation of large data sets representing web usage
- Development of nested relational databases
- A virtual reality particle simulator
- Verification of software and telecommunications systems using temporal logic
- A computer aided design package for LEGO