This masters degree will:
- investigate the purposes and potential uses of formative and summative assessment and the relationship between the two
- critically review assessment of learning and assessment for learning
- deepen your understanding of the principal concepts of educational testing and their uses.
This masters degree provides the opportunity to:
- join the only MA programme in London affiliated with the Chartered Institute of Educational Assessors (CIEA)
- become an automatic member of the CIEA
- benefit from fast track to chartered assessor status, on successful completion of the programme
- submit articles to Passed Papers, the CIEA journal.
Teachers, educational administrators, examinations officers, inspectors and education policy-makers who want to improve their skills and understanding about assessment issues and practices – assessment for learning, formative and summative assessment, educational measurement and research.Entry requirements
A good first degree.Core topics
- Assessment issues and practice
- Educational testing.
- Assessment for learning
- Education research.
By coursework assignments of up to 5,000 words, and a 20,000-word dissertation or a 10,000-word report.Attendance
Face-to-face sessions.Where do our students go?
This is a recently established MA programme. Graduates of IOE studies in education and assessment are currently working as:
- staff at the Chartered Institute of Educational Assessors
- head of department, deputy heads and headteachers in UK schools
- researchers and lecturers in universities.
- Assessment: Issues and Practice
- Investigating Research Into Schooling, Curriculum, Teaching And Learning
- Assessment for Learning
- Educational Testing