The programme aims at training pre-service teachers who will be able to teach Geography curriculum in the secondary schools.
On successful completion of the programme, students will be able to:
- demonstrate a solid understanding and command of geographical concepts and theories and apply the knowledge to solve geographical problems in the local, regional and global contexts with complex human-physical interface;
- develop learning capability to be a competent and effective learner and teacher in a dynamic and an ever-changing society;
- apply critical thinking to analyze the geographical and environmental issues that address the relationship among land, nature and people in the physical and human environments;
- demonstrate the pedagogical literacy and competency required for the development and implementation of curriculum in secondary schools; and
- develop essential abilities to plan, execute, report on field work and geographical research with the skills of data analysis, Geographic Information System, remote sensing and field studies.