This BPS accredited programme is especially suitable for students with an undergraduate degree in Psychology wishing to develop a career as an Occupational Psychologist.
It is also suitable for those wishing to apply their knowledge of psychology in personnel functions, human resource management roles or as business consultants in areas such as selection and assessment, organisational development and change and employee development.
Our MSc in Work Psychology is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS). Completion of the programme fulfils the requirements of the Stage 1 qualification for those wishing to go on to eventually become a HCPC-registered Occupational Psychologist.
Students are given in-depth training by experienced researchers and practitioners to equip them to understand and analyse a wide range of psychological theories that can be applied in organisational settings. This is integrated with practical training on how to apply theory to influence important business decisions. There is a strong emphasis on developing critical thinking and consultancy skills as well as the ability to work effectively with a wide range of organisational stakeholders. Students extend and cement their practical skills by completing a research project that allows them to apply their knowledge to an organisational issue.
Available 1yr full-time or 2-4yrs part-time (block teaching)
The course is delivered through block-teaching, with most modules lasting four full days (2 days each week, across two weeks with a further intensive practical session at the end of each Semester). This is designed to allow you to immerse yourself each topic so that you can fully appreciate how theory can be applied to make a significant difference to business clients. This also allows modules to be studied effectively by those in work who wish to study on a part-time basis (from 2-4 years depending on the number of modules that you choose to study each year).
For further details about the course visit: www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/sbe/pg/programmes/work-psy/
- Gathering and Using Evidence in Work Psychology (Part I)
- Leadership and Performance Management
- Employee Engagement, Motivation and Voice
- Well-being and Work
- Work Design, Organisational Change and Development
- Gathering and Using Evidence in Work Psychology (Part II)
- Psychological Assessment in Organisations
- Career Development
- Learning, Development and Knowledge Management
- Empirical Research Project in Work Psychology
Scholarships and Bursaries worth up to 100% of fees!!
The School of Business and Economics is committed to attracting the very best applicants. We offer a range of competitive scholarships and bursaries to both UK/EU and international applicants – some worth up to 100% of your fees!
Our scholarship and bursary range is designed to include a wide range of students and consists of:
- Alumni scholarships (for UK/EU and international students)
- Outstanding academic achievement scholarships
- Sports scholarships
- Hardship bursaries and other funding options
- International student specific scholarships, including: Loughborough University Graduate School Development Trust Africa; USA scholarships and loans; and Santander International postgraduate scholarships
Whilst some of our scholarships are offered automatically based on your course application, some scholarships and bursaries do require a separate application and have limited availability and application deadlines.
For more details visit: www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/sbe/pg/fees-funding