Bioengineering creates fundamental concepts and knowledge from a molecular to a systemic level and develops new biological products, materials, processes, implants and computer products for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease, for patient rehabilitation and the improvement of health status.
The Faculty of Medical Bioengineering’s mission is to contribute to a high quality learning and research in the biomedical field by promoting academic programs and research as a result of Grigore T. Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy ’s goals and politics as well as its mission and objectives.
Thus, our faculty contributes to the raising of the standard of quality in the health care system in Romania. To achieve this goal, the Faculty of Medical Bioengineering aims to:
- promote quality and efficiency in education;
- shape the personality and development of student’s creative skills;
- advance continuous development of scientific research, international standards and assert scientific performance of the academic community;
- integrate itself in national and international academic networks based on performance criteria and complementarity;
- develop partnerships with businesses, local government or national institutions and international organizations.
The Faculty of Medical Bioengineering continuously adapts and diversifies its academic structure to achieve a suitable education and research environment, according to the Romanian education reform elements of national strategies in the economic field, the scientific research and workforce strategy, and the existing university human and material resources and the prospective ones.