Learn to develop and professionally examine your own graphic design practice in today’s ever-evolving world of graphic design with Falmouth Flexible’s online MA Graphic Design.
Our renowned reputation within graphic design sees our graduates working in some of the world’s leading, award-winning studios and agencies.
As part of a global student community, you’ll gain an in-depth understanding of the similarities and differences between how designers work in today’s world, both in an international and cultural context.
Supported by a teaching team of world-leading designers, you’ll be encouraged to debate and push creative boundaries to continuously develop innovative ideas for your graphic design work.
At the completion of your studies, you’ll be equipped with a critically-informed point-of-view and practice that will see you excel as a global graphic design professional.
The course is a great fit for your career goals if you’d like to:
- Develop your own professional graphic design studio
- Define your own voice for your own entrepreneurial practice
- Acquire the skills to run a successful design business
- Plan strategies, monitor progress, finance and manage the daily and long-term vision for your studio
- Access a huge range of cross-cultural and international thinking through an online student network
- Join a community of graduates working in some of the world’s leading and award-winning studios and agencies
- Tell innovative stories using graphic design techniques
The modules you’ll cover during the course are:
- Contemporary Practice – Examine local and global perspectives of graphic design and the skills required to address problems and deliver messages to both regional and global audiences
- History and Futures – Learn how graphic design interprets narrative to condense, reform or remodel stories for a new purpose
- Studio and Entrepreneurship – Examine some of the building blocks of studio practice from a business perspective
- Application and Interactions – Apply your own practice and knowledge to specific graphic design projects
- Major Project – Develop your own final MA project that’s built on your learnings from previous modules, enabling you to position yourself and your work for the next steps following graduation
You can choose to:
- Study completely online;
- Or study online and attend optional face-to-face networking events
Whichever option you choose, throughout your studies you’ll be supported by a team of industry experts who will guide your learnings through:
- Online presentations to introduce you to key concepts
- Small group and class discussions to encourage peer interaction and collaboration
- Online critiques to test your knowledge and ideas, and as a valuable opportunity to get feedback from your peers and tutors
- Individual and group tutorials
- Independent study
Find out more about Falmouth Flexible’s online MA Graphic Design.