Events play a vital role across business, culture and sport. To be able to effectively manage increasingly discerning audiences, rapidly-changing developments in technology, and market shifts, you need strong skills and deep insights.
Falmouth Flexible’s Creative Events Management MA will give you a firm grasp of these skills and equip you with valuable industry insights to ensure your success as a creative events manager.
Combining our international events expertise with our reputation for creative and academic excellence, this course has been specifically developed to enhance your professional practice, creative perspectives and approaches, and to encourage you to critically evaluate current industry norms.
The course will empower you to become the creative force behind world-class events – able to produce pioneering events at both local and international level.
The course is a great fit for your career goals if you’d like to:
- Develop expertise in a range of event management skills and techniques
- Fully engage with the contexts and communities involved in management process, production policy and strategy across regional, national and international work environments
- Innovatively apply skills and creatively problem-solve to establish a pioneering approach to event management
- Apply a collaborative approach to your event management practice, within a culture of equal opportunity
- Apply a range of personal communication skills as a basis for academic understanding and innovative event management
The modules you’ll cover during the course are:
- Principles of Event Management and Research – Explore emerging and cutting-edge means of production and marketing, including vlogs, podcasts, blogs and other social media.
- Creative Practice in Event Design – An introduction to the key theories, concepts, techniques and considerations around event and experience design.
- Digital Futures for Events and Events Marketing – Explore the pervasive issue of events and the digital environment – from a local, national and international perspective – and identify fundamental sectoral issues and relevant theories.
- Sustainable Practice – An introduction to the key themes around environmental, financial and social sustainability and the business environments in which events operate. This will include introductions to principles and tools including ISO 20121.
- Major Research Project – Undertake your own events research project. Explore and further analyse a specialist area of contemporary events practice reflecting current theories and debates.
You can choose to:
- Study completely online;
- Or study online and attend optional face-to-face networking events
Whichever option you choose, throughout your studies you’ll be supported by a team of industry experts who will guide your learnings through:
- Online presentations to introduce you to key concepts
- Small group and class discussions to encourage peer interaction and collaboration
- Online critiques to test your knowledge and ideas, and as a valuable opportunity to get feedback from your peers and tutors
- Individual and group tutorials
- Independent study