Around the world, apps are constantly crossing creative boundaries to change the ways we interact with our environment and engage with our hobbies, work, and play. This diversity broadens the scope of app development from being a solely technical domain to a highly-creative one – where technology and creativity meet to create innovative apps that captivate users.
Falmouth Flexible’s online MA Creative App Development will equip you with the expert knowledge and skills you need to create apps for a range of platforms, including smartphones, games, VR, tablets, desktops, and physical art installations. You’ll develop your own ideas for creative apps – from concept to delivery.
Throughout your studies, you’ll be supported by industry-leading experts in the areas of interaction design and the application of creative technology to help harness your creativity and apply it effectively to become an innovative app developer.
The course is a great fit for your career goals if you’d like to:
- Focus on the practical and creative processes of building an app
- Learn how to apply technology in a creative context
- Advance your programming skills
- Work with user experience design
- Effectively propose viable ideas and solutions for apps
- Own and control the IP of your app
The modules you’ll cover during the course are:
- App Development Synergies – Reflect on your current practice and the role diversity plays within approaches to creative app development.
- Individual Design and Development – Expand your creative app development knowledge and experience relevant to your practice and develop your own brief individually.
- Co-creation Design and Development – Work in a co-creation context, developing an app concept collectively.
- Live Brief Design and Development – Work with an externally-delivered brief individually or collectively.
- Major Project – Take on a more challenging creative app development project that will see you expand your knowledge and skills even further.
You can choose to:
- Study completely online;
- Or study online and attend optional face-to-face networking events
Whichever option you choose, throughout your studies you’ll be supported by a team of industry experts who will guide your learnings through:
- Online presentations to introduce you to key concepts
- Small group and class discussions to encourage peer interaction and collaboration
- Online critiques to test your knowledge and ideas, and as a valuable opportunity to get feedback from your peers and tutors
- Group sessions
- Independent study