For more information about Law at City, University of London, please visit the webpage using the button above.

The award
MPhil, PhD

How long you will study
3 - 5 years

Domestic course fees
GBP 10500 per year

How you will study
full-time, part-time

Course starts
find out

International course fees
GBP 10500 per year

All study options

About Law at City, University of London

At The City Law School, we are committed to the provision of high-quality graduate education and a stimulating research environment to study in. You will join the City Law School's thriving postgraduate research community, receiving the necessary support and training to develop successfully your research project.

You will also have the opportunity to attend the School's research training seminars focused on research skills and methodologies and to present your work in progress at both weekly seminars and the annual School Postgraduate Forum. You will also become part of a stimulating research environment by participating in the activities of the School's research centres, institutes and groups.

Our internationally recognised experts conduct research into all major areas of laws. Our research centres, institutes and groups promote cutting-edge research with a view to advancing knowledge and bringing value to society.

Study options for this course

  • The award How you will study How long you will study Course starts Domestic course fees International course fees
  • The awardMPhil, PhDHow you will studyFull-time, Part-timeHow long you will study3 - 5 years
    Course starts find outDomestic course feesGBP 10500 per yearInternational course feesGBP 10500 per year

Notes about fees for this course

Fees listed are for full-time only. Part-time fees are:

UK/EU: £5,250 per year

£5,250 per year.

Entry requirements

For students whose first language is not English, the following qualifications will meet the English language requirement for entry to a postgraduate course of study:

A first degree from a UK university or from the CNAA.

A first degree from an overseas institution recognised by City as providing adequate evidence of proficiency in the English language, for example, from institutions in Australia, Canada or the USA.

GCE O-level/GCSE English language or English literature, grade C minimum.

Cambridge ESOL CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English) at grade C or above.

An overall score of 7.0 in the English Language Testing System (IELTS) including 7.0 in writing with a minimum of 6.0 for each other subtest.

Other evidence of proficiency in the English language which satisfies the board of studies concerned.

Other courses at City, University of London

There are 240 other courses listed from City, University of London. A selection of these are displayed below:

Photos from City, University of London

Videos from City, University of London

Location of City, University of London

City, University of London main campus is shown on the map below:

Read more about studying in the United Kingdom