The MSc Radiography has been designed to provide radiographers with advanced theoretical knowledge to enhance their clinical skills.
Radiography in the School of Healthcare Sciences is accredited by the Society and College of Radiographers, and the skills you can obtain are transferable to all NHS Trusts and are recognised overseas.
This full-time course aims to expand your knowledge in areas such as image appreciation, radiographic reporting and mammography and many other practices associated with radiography.
It also aims to equip you to meet the ever-changing needs of this fast-developing sector, and a high volume of course content will be delivered by experienced radiologists and clinical specialists. You will also have the opportunity to work in our imaging suite with a computed radiography system and PACS for both film viewing experience and for experimental purposes.
The course comprises a mix of profession specific modules and generic modules, and full-time students take four taught modules in one academic year, with a further six months to complete the dissertation.
- The opportunity to learn in a School that is well respected within the radiography profession.
- The involvement of research-active and clinical staff in course design and delivery.
- The emphasis on independent learning in a research-led environment.
- The emphasis on acquisition of high quality clinical reasoning skills and the development of innovative ideas.
- Flexibility of delivery, permitting you to pursue professional careers in radiography while studying part-time, or to take a career break and complete on a full-time basis.
- The opportunity for you to work with experts in imaging, radiotherapy and oncology and other health related disciplines.
- Additional free-standing non-profession-specific modules are available to complement the profession-specific modules.
- You will have access to an imaging suite with a computed radiography system and PACS.
- Some teaching is given through the interpretation of medical test results. A variety of assessment methods to include; presentations, practical, written assessments, coursework, reports, exams and reflective assignments.
- You will have a robust support network.