This course offers knowledge and expertise to enable qualified healthcare professionals to carry out clinical image reporting tasks in their workplace, acting as autonomous professionals.
The course is accredited by the Society and College of Radiographers, and the skills which can be developed are transferable to all NHS Trusts and are recognised overseas.
The course is suitable for qualified diagnostic/therapeutic radiographers and other healthcare professionals with usually at least two years’ experience.
The course aims to equip you to meet the ever-changing needs of this fast-developing sector, and much of the content is delivered by experienced radiologists and clinical specialists.
You will also have ample opportunity to work in clinical settings with plenty of hands-on experience.
Throughout your studies, you will be immersed in all aspects of Radiography practice (both practical and theoretical) that will help you gain invaluable skills that you will use in the further advancement of your profession.
If you successfully complete sufficient modules for Radiographic Reporting (Postgraduate Diploma) you have the opportunity to proceed to the dissertation stage. If successful you will be eligible for the award of a Master of Science degree in Radiography.
- The opportunity for you to learn in a School that is well respected within the radiography profession.
- The involvement of research-active and clinical staff in course design and delivery.
- The emphasis on independent learning in a research-led environment.
- The emphasis on acquisition of high quality clinical reasoning skills and the development of innovative ideas.
- Flexibility of delivery, permitting you to pursue professional careers in radiography whilst studying part-time, or to take a career break and complete on a full-time basis.
- The opportunity for you to work with experts in imaging, radiotherapy and oncology and other health related disciplines.
- Additional free-standing non-profession-specific modules are available to complement the profession-specific modules.
- You will have access to an imaging suite with computed radiography system and PACS.
- Some teaching is given through the interpretation of medical test results.
- You will have a robust support network.