Join a School ranked 1st in the UK for Occupational Therapy (BSc) by the Complete University Guide 2019. Our MSc in Occupational Therapy is one of the few programmes in the UK available for qualified professionals, offering you the next step in your career.
Our programme has close links with the College of Occupational Therapists which means that your learning is both current and relevant. It provides a sound grounding in the theory and occupation-focused practice whilst also building on your critical thinking and problem-solving skills. You will develop the knowledge required to approach your practice innovatively, apply research and evidence to shape current and future practice in your home country and beyond.
This is a flexible course that allows you to tailor your own professional development to suit your needs, through a range of occupational therapy and interprofessional modules such as developing your skills in patient safety or transforming care systems and services through leadership. You will also cover core areas such as Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy Theory and Application.
Your learning will be supported by experienced researchers and academics who are experts in their field. You will be designated a personal tutor who will support you throughout your studies.
In addition, you will be learning alongside a globally diverse group who are studying at various points in their career, sharing knowledge and gaining understanding of Occupational Therapy practice across the world.
Be part of something life-changing and take on a new challenge today.
Join a School ranked 4th in the UK overall and 1st for our research environment in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework assessment (under Allied Health Professions, Dentistry, Nursing and Pharmacy). Here are some of the key features of why we think our Occupational Therapy programme is the right choice for you:
- The involvement of research-active and clinical staff in course design and delivery. Making sure you are learning the most relevant and up to date skills.
- We have close links with the College of Occupational Therapists meaning your learning is relevant and up to date.
- You will have academic support and be assigned a designated personal tutor throughout your studies.
- The opportunity to learn in a School which is an accredited Joanna Briggs Centre.
- You also have the ability to tailor your module choices in a way that best fits your needs.
- The opportunity to become a student representative and shape future educational provision.
- Benefit from learning alongside a globally diverse group who are studying at various points in their career.
- All University teaching sessions are captured on video and made available online* for you to review and revisit your learning (*where appropriate to do so).
- If your first language is not English, there are open access English Language courses available.
- We run an occupational therapy clinic on-site, providing you with the opportunity to observe and assist with assessment and treatment of clients with developmental disabilities. (This is not a required part of the course and your participation may require DBS checks).