Why study PG Dip/MA Social Work (Children and Families) at BU?
- If you already hold an undergraduate degree and are interested in specialising in work with children and young people, this is the ideal social work course option
- This course is an intensive full-time training programme that could see you start a career as a social worker in just 14 months, whilst receiving a Department for Education bursary in addition to course fees
- This generic social work qualification covers all aspects of child and family social work and working with adults required to be eligible for registering with Social Work England as a Social Worker
- You’ll have the option to continue your studies from a Postgraduate Diploma to a Master’s by undertaking a dissertation which will be self-funded
- The Department of Education funds this course through local authorities including Bournemouth, Christchurch & Poole Council and Wiltshire Council, with all applications being made directly to them
- Statutory placements throughout the course mean you will gain lots of relevant experience operating in real-world settings and will develop strong working relationships with those already in the profession.
This course is approved by Social Work England, which means you’ll be eligible to apply for registration as a social worker on successful completion of the course.