We want you to be an innovator and shape the future of television. You’ll produce your own programmes alongside industry professionals, giving you the crucial hands-on experience as well as a solid grounding in real-world professional television production.
- Produce your own programmes in the studio and on location
- You'll have access to brand new specialist facilities including a new film studio and two Ultra High Definition broadcast standard multi-camera TV studios as well as access to Sony FS5 and Panasonic AC160/AG371 cameras, SQN sound mixers, Pro Tools dubbing suites and Avid edit suites
- You'll focus on all aspects including the technical and any part of production or post-process including editing.
- Study abroad for a semester at one of our partner universities in Norway or USA
- You’ll be taught by professional practitioners, eminent media academic staff and benefit from industry-seasoned guest speakers. Previous speakers include Charlie Palmer, Drama Director of Poldark, Doctor Who and Death in Paradise, Anna Mears, Producer/Director of 24 hours in A&E and Gogglebox and Paul Connolly, Investigative onscreen reporter for Channel 5.
- Make invaluable industry connections during a 30-week work placement with organisations such as LoveLove Films, Framestore and Warner Bros
- Work collaboratively to create a high production value television programme, forming production companies and 'freelancing' that can act as your calling card to the industry
- As a student, take advantage of opportunities with RedBalloon, an award-winning professional production unit based in the Faculty of Media & Communication