This course is now full for September 2021 entry. You may still apply, but your application may be held on a waiting list. If your application is on a waiting list, we will inform you if a space becomes available by the end of June. Please note: there is still space on the Foundation Year option for this course and applications are still being processed for this entry route.
Why study BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy at BU?
- Gain the knowledge and practical skills needed to critically assess a service user’s circumstances in order to help them adapt to their environment and maximise their performance potential.
- The course maintains small cohort sizes resulting in excellent lecturer-to-student ratio meaning more support, education and resource availability.
- Get hands-on practice using our newly-built clinical simulation facilities, which feature a daily living suite and kitchen, plus equipment to tackle a range of situations commonly encountered by occupational therapists.
- Put your learning into practice with placement experience throughout the course in a variety of settings.
- Experiential learning allows you to work on real-life scenarios to gain knowledge and understanding of occupational roles and how health and wellbeing can affect their functioning.
The accreditation and approval bodies on our BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy will allow you to work overseas as well as in the UK with your qualification. On successful completion of this course, you can:
- Apply to become a registered occupational therapist with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Apply for professional membership with the Royal College of Occupational Therapist (RCOT)
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills needed to prepare you for the Occupational Therapy degree, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree and begin your Occupational Therapy study. The Foundation Year will be based at the Talbot Campus, Bournemouth.
Funding information: Occupational therapy students may be eligible for a non-repayable government training grant of at least £5,000 a year. Find out more information about the funding: https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund