Why study BSc (Hons) Forensic Investigation at BU?
- Forensic investigation is a wide-ranging and compelling subject, drawing from scientific methods and practical training within criminal investigation
- Taught by professional practitioners and guest speakers who are experts in their fields
- Covering biological and analytical science, the degree provides an understanding and knowledge of key concepts in relevant law, professional skills, crime scenes and forensic sciences
- Carried out in a variety of stimulating environments, including science labs, IT labs, field trips, and dedicated crime scene teaching labs in used for crime scene reconstruction
- Year one is shared with students taking BSc (Hons) Forensic Science, with the option to switch degrees at the end of the year
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one and springboard into a career as a forensic investigator post-graduation.
Designed specifically for those interested in the investigative side of forensics, the course deals with the theoretical and practical aspects of forensic investigation of crime scenes and disaster investigations.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.