Why study MSc Medical Imaging with Management at BU?
- Medical imaging is a rapidly growing field and is an essential element of modern medicine, playing a key role in the diagnosis and management of disease
- On this course, you’ll develop the skillset needed for a career in advanced medical imaging practice, research and leadership
- Achieve a systematic understanding of cross-sectional imaging, along with the essential leadership and people management skills needed for a career in this specialised field
- Gain a strong understanding and awareness of current clinical practice protocols across a range of medical imaging modalities
- Critically explore technological advancements including data management systems, as well as the imaging techniques, imaging anatomy and skills to recognise clinical abnormalities
- Our new MRI and ultrasound scanners, and other imaging modalities from our local healthcare partners, provide an education and research resource for students on this course.
The Department of Medical Science & Public Health provides a focus for work and research into medical imaging with our Institute of Medical Imaging and Visualisation (IMIV) and works to ensure BU’s educational provision aligns with the needs of the local community, the NHS and industry, as well as current global medical imaging workforce demands. This cross-faculty course also incorporates the expertise in organisational business management from BU’s Business School.