Why study BSc (Hons) Games Design at BU?:
- Explore level design, interactive storytelling, narrative development, interface design, games analytics, scripting for game creation, plus 3D modelling and texturing
- Taught in dedicated facilities, using the latest industry-standard software for developing games
- Opportunity to put your learning into practice by taking a 4-week work placement (as part of the 3-year course) or a 30-week placement (as part of the 4-year course)
- Benefit from our industry connections and guest lectures with games developers across the UK and overseas, including Unity, Jagex, King, Sports Interactive, Creative Assembly, Climax Studios, Playground Games, Boss Alien, Media Molecule, and others
- As well as the games industry, you’ll be prepared for a career in a range of sectors including digital technologies, architectural visualisation, mixed and virtual realities, and the wider digital creative industry
- This course received an impressive 94% satisfaction rating from our final year students.
Specialise exclusively in the art and design aspects of video game creation - explore everything from the theory behind the creation of successful digital entertainment titles to the generation of dedicated art and content for them.
For September 2023 entry: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the creative skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree.
BU is a member of The Independent Games Developers’ Association (TIGA), and our Games courses have been nominated by TIGA for Best Educational Institution.