This course has been designed for educational professionals who are currently working in, or who aspire to work in leadership positions and/or careers in administration, universities/colleges, or development in their own contexts. The programme is taught by leading academics in the field of leadership, management, school effectiveness and improvement. Senior educational experts also contribute, including head teachers, inspectors, local authority officers and policy-makers.
Teaching encourages student participation, shared experiences and opportunities for practical application. Depending on your background and experience, you may find the approach rather different from your previous experiences of university.
- Provide an overview of current theories/frameworks for examining education policy and practice from a leadership perspective
- Develop your understanding of key leadership issues that influence teachers `performance in primary and secondary schools and other educational settings.
- Enable colleagues at all levels within educational institutions to identify issues and develop appropriate strategies to generate and sustain school improvement.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of practical approaches to school improvement and school effectiveness and of current theories, issues and debates in the field.
- Develop a range of learning and transferrable skills which integrate current research and best practice in the areas of school leadership and school improvement applicable to different students on different programmes.