The Leicester MSc in Accounting and Finance is a rigorous programme and is both intellectually challenging and ambitious. It will provide you with a thorough understanding of the principal methods and techniques of accounting and financial management and give you a framework of reference enabling you to deal with complex accounting and financial issues and to handle them effectively in a range of employment contexts. The strategic focus of the course will enhance your ability to analyse any situation and make sound strategic decisions.
The programme is also developmental and encourages practical management skills by using a range of approaches and methods.
Aims and Objectives
- The MSc in Accounting and Finance introduces and develops your understanding of a broad range of finance and accounting techniques and concepts.
- You will be provided with a stimulating and challenging management development programme, alongside a rigorous education in the concepts and techniques of financial management.
- The course will prepare you for senior accounting and finance roles in both public and private sector organisations.
Stage One - September to January
- Foundations of Knowledge and Professional Skills
- Foundations of Financial Analysis and Investment
- Financial Statements: Theory, Practice, Critique
- Accountability, Representations and Control
- Financial Modelling
Stage Two - January to May
- Accounting Representations: Public and Private Sector
- Corporate Finance
- Two Optional Modules from a selection
Stage Three - May to September
- Research Methods