About Psychology, Cert HE - at University of Essex Online
Do you have an enquiring mind and a thirst for knowledge? Are you fascinated with how people think and what makes them tick? Our short online Certificate of Higher Education in Psychology course could be the stepping stone you need to experience a whole new world.
You'll start of by learning skills that will that will ensure you are academically ready to engage in online learning on advanced level in our Fundamentals of Effective Learning in Psychology. You then go on to learn about key subjects within the field of psychology, for example the ways in which people, as individuals or in groups, influence on another, human memory and cognition and much more.
Get to grips with the science behind the mind, brain, behaviour and experience. You'll learn different perspectives to enable you to promote an appreciation of real-life applications of psychology.
Throughout this course, you'll explore a broad range of topics including:
- the history of individual differences and the ethical issues and controversies it raises
- the ethical and cultural approaches to mental health, stress and wellbeing
- how psychology can be used to analyse how attitudes are formed and changed
- theories and methods in the field of social psychology
- an introduction to the study of human memory and cognition
Upon completion of your CertHE Psychology, we offer the opportunity for you to progress on to study for a full Bachelors degree (360 credits).
Please note: This course is not accredited with the British Psychological Society (BPS).
Learn more about Psychology, Cert HE - at University of Essex Online Visit course webpage