Notes about fees for this course
Our course fees are fully inclusive – all teaching materials and required reading are included, and there are no hidden charges for assessments or resits.
- Full payment discount of 5% if you pay upfront.
- Regional scholarship available for international students based overseas in eligible countries.
- Alumni discount of 10% of the tuition fee available if you are a previous graduate with the University of Essex or University of Essex Online.
- 10% corporate discount available when three or more of your employees study with us.
Please note, a maximum of two discounts or scholarships can be applied. The corporate discount can only be used in combination with our upfront payment discount, but not in conjunction with any other discount or scholarship. Find out more information about our discounts and scholarships here.
We know that many people from non-traditional backgrounds would succeed on our courses! That's why we offer two different entry routes, taking into account your prior work experience and relevant qualifications. You will also need to meet our English Language Requirements.
Additionally, you will need to pass your first assignment set within your two week induction period of the course in order to continue your studies.
Academic entry route
In order to satisfy the academic entry route requirements for our PG Cert Education (Educational Practice), you must have the following qualifications as a minimum:
- an undergraduate degree from an approved institution, equivalent to a UK Honours degree, or a relevant professional qualification
Work experience entry route
In order to satisfy the work experience entry route requirements for our PG Cert Education (Educational Practice), you must meet the following criteria:
- at least two years' teaching experience in a post-compulsory educational setting
English language requirements
As our courses are delivered in English, a high proficiency with English is required. If English is not your first language, your English ability should be equivalent to an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.0. Don't worry if you don't hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification - we offer a free online English test to assess your proficiency.
You don't need to prove your English ability if you are a national of, or have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in, any of these countries.