About Master of Public Health, MPH - at University of Essex Online
Our online Master of Public Health students aren't just studying a degree - they are changing the world around them. Designed with busy health professionals in mind, this programme will provide you with an ideal foundation to develop as an effective public health professional.
Through our programme you'll gain a critical understanding of the key concepts underlying global public health. You'll explore a variety of public health areas such as how public health is dealt with across the globe. You'll be able to discuss the trends in diseases that affect global health and what it means for where you work.
Throughout this course, you'll explore a broad range of topics including:
- contemporary models and strategies to guide the design of effective health promotion activities
- public health challenges of interest facing the global population
- process of and application of techniques for population health needs assessment
- the principles and methods of epidemiology with a particular focus on public health perspectives
- the theory and practice of key personal development skills relevant to the healthcare domain
Finally, you'll get a chance to put what you have learnt into practice when you undertake an independent research project in your dissertation.
Royal Society For Public Health (RSPH) Membership
As a leading voice in public health, RSPH provides opportunities for students to maintain up-to-date knowledge, access exclusive resources, explore potential careers and occupations, network with like-minded people, and be recognised as a committed public health professional.
All Master of Public Health students will be provided with a 1 year student membership with the RSPH following the completion of their first module. Upon completion of their postgraduate programme with UoEO, students will be eligible to apply for Fellowship of RSPH. If applying before their Student Member status expires, they can upgrade without being charged the upgrade fee.
Learn more about Master of Public Health, MPH - at University of Essex Online Visit course webpage