If you’re looking to really make an impact with your writing and see your words brought to life on TV, film, and other media, Falmouth Flexible’s MA Writing for Script & Screen will equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to stand out from the crowd.
As a Falmouth MA Writing for Script & Screen student, you’ll join a global online community of scriptwriters and academics who write for TV, film, games, theatre and radio – giving you the unique opportunity to build an extensive professional network across the creative industries and boost your global career opportunities.
Whether you want to develop a broad scriptwriting portfolio, or concentrate on a specific screen platform, this course’s integrated and flexible online format means it can cater to your specific goals and aspirations, while allowing you the freedom to study where and when it suits you.
The course is a great fit for your career goals if you’d like to:
- Become an inquisitive, innovative and successful professional script and screenwriter
- Be able to write effectively for a broad range of screen platforms
- Confidently collaborate and share ideas with other like-minded writers on a global scale
- Inspire others, build your professional and peer networks, and take leading roles within the script and screenwriting industry
The modules you’ll cover during the course are:
- Storytelling for Script and Screen – An introduction to the key elements of storytelling across various screen platforms. You’ll develop your ability to generate and pitch ideas, and reflect on your current practice in the context of the various script and screen industries.
- Individual Script Development Workshop – Expand your script development knowledge and experience relevant to your practice by developing your own brief individually.
- Writers’ Room: Collaborative Script Development – Work within a collaborative Writers’ Room context, where you’ll develop a concept or script collectively.
- Screen Industries: Professional Development – Undertake research into an industry context for script development.
- Major Project – Work on a major script development project for a platform/medium of your choice.
You can choose to:
- Study completely online;
- Or study online and attend optional face-to-face networking events
Whichever option you choose, throughout your studies you’ll be supported by a team of industry experts who will guide your learnings through:
- Online presentations to introduce you to key concepts
- Small group and class discussions to encourage peer interaction and collaboration
- Online critiques to test your knowledge and ideas, and as a valuable opportunity to get feedback from your peers and tutors
- Individual and group tutorials
- Independent study
Find out more about Falmouth Flexible’s online MA Writing for Script & Screen.