Develop original solutions to real-world issues, further your professional skills and create novel, holistic and research-led solutions that bring lasting impact for your organisation.
This course is for senior professionals, researchers in commercial or public organisations, managers, entrepreneurs, consultants and anyone else who wants to build their forensic and investigative skills to deal with knowledge-based investigations, organisational innovation, change and ambiguity.
Unlike a PhD programme, the DBA is a peer-based experience and focuses on research that emerges from a field of practice to draw in academic knowledge, and also includes a 12-week Executive Company Project.
By taking this Doctor of Business Administration you will gain:
- The ability to combine practitioner and academic knowledge. Working with our leading faculty, you will build reflective skills and develop intellectual rigour to tackle organisational challenges and develop new insights.
- Access to our diverse areas of research including people, organisations and work, evidence-based law, local governance, applied economics, social value, enterprise and innovation, urban research and austerity, finance and banking.
- A community of UK and international peers from a variety of sectors with whom you'll be exchanging ideas and knowledge.
- The experience of implementing your research project, and seeing your work recognised in your organisation, profession and academia. This is an opportunity to bring impactful solutions to policy, communities and organisations.
- The Leicester Castle Business School combines academic knowledge with consultancy experience, gathered in their work with organisations as diverse as Jaguar Land Rover, Topshop, Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust, among others. We also host leaders and practitioners in the classroom, who share their experience and insights.