The program aims to produce graduates that are equipped with essential scientific and/or mathematical knowledge and an appreciation of the latest literature and technologies.
Environment and Sustainability specialisation
This specialisation provides graduates with knowledge of selected basic concepts and skills associated with environmental and climate science and the broad area of sustainability. The program aims to produce graduates with knowledge and skills for the integration of social, environmental and economic research within an interdisciplinary planning and policy framework and to provide capacity for the sustainable management of natural resources, businesses and communities.
On completion of this specialisation students will be able to:
- understand and apply the principles and approaches of sustainability
- demonstrate an understanding of the functioning of the global climate system and global climate changes
- understand and assess the risks of climatic changes and climate variability and their influence on sustainable practices
- evaluate opportunities that may arise from environmental and climate changes
- identify and establish strong links between science, effective community engagement and sound policy to support sustainability
- demonstrate, through the breadth of their studies, an advanced understanding of issues, concepts and applications of sustainability in environment and natural resource management.