The program aims to produce graduates that are equipped with essential scientific and/or mathematical knowledge and an appreciation of the latest literature and technologies.
Mathematics and Statistics specialisation
This specialisation aims to provide graduates with skills in key areas of mathematics or statistics that relate to the needs of their profession or industry, including teaching.
On completion of this specialisation students will be able to:
- acquire specific knowledge and skills in mathematics and/or statistics which are relevant to their disciplines and careers
- apply problem solving and innovative thinking, to be able to contribute at a higher level to their professional environment
- understand the meaning and basis of fundamental mathematical and/or statistical ideas and techniques
- demonstrate the ability to model real-life scenarios in order to enable mathematical and/or statistical analysis
- demonstrate the ability to apply mathematics and/or statistics to the solution of problems in a variety of situations.