Effective marketing is essential for all successful fashion organisations. To have a powerful impact as a marketing specialist in this rapidly evolving industry, you need an array of technical and professional skills – and the talent to apply these in an ethical and sustainable way.
If you want to shape the future of fashion and have the determination and vision to use your marketing and business skills in a challenging but rewarding career, this Fashion Marketing Master's degree is your ideal next step.
As with many specialist fields of work, experience is key to contextualising what you've learned and to getting future employment, which is why you'll complete a 6-month work placement or professional experience module as part of this course.
Your academic studies will support and expand your practical experience. You'll get a grounding in essential marketing tools, techniques and theories including social media marketing and analytics. You'll also focus on the specific mechanics and workings of the fashion industry by studying topics such as fashion branding and fashion entrepreneurship.
You'll have opportunities to go on an international study trip and get valuable experience working on live marketing campaigns with local, national or international organisations.
When you graduate, you'll be ready to work in many areas of the fashion and marketing industries, in organisations of all sizes.
- Complete a professional experience module or take part in a 6-month placement to improve your employability skills and apply what you learn in industry
- Learn how to address the contemporary challenges of fashion marketing, in a sustainable and ethical way
- Get insights into making impactful marketing decisions
- Study core marketing theories and techniques alongside specialist industry-specific modules
- Be taught by a teaching team with close links to local business and creative communities, and extensive contacts within large national and international fashion companies and corporations (including Arcadia Group, Burberry, Google, Tommy Hilfiger, Conde Nast and Twitter)
- Get experience with the software and tools you'll use in your career, such as Adobe Design Suite, Google Analytics and Google Ads
- Apply what you learn in the industry, by working with a fashion brand on a live brief – you'll deal directly with clients, working within professional constraints to deadlines
You can also:
- Get additional professional qualifications, in areas such as Google Analytics and Google Ads, as part of your study
- Further immerse yourself in the world of fashion marketing as you study with field trips and guest lectures
- Present your research to a student-led conference, as part of a research-based unit, which can help prepare you for potential PhD study
Transferable skills you'll develop, which you can use in all areas of your life and career, include critical thinking, research, self-motivation and time management, team working, independence, verbal and written communication, analytical thinking and ethical integrity.
Careers and opportunities
Marketing is an essential part of all fashion organisations, and job opportunities exist across all areas of the industry.
The skills and knowledge you get on this course will also make you a good fit for general marketing roles in public sector and not-for-profit organisations, such as charities, local government and higher education institutions.
The additional 6-months of professional or workplace experience you get on this course will give you a significant advantage over graduates from similar, less vocationally focussed courses.
Roles you could do
You'll graduate with the skills and understanding to take up roles in many fields, including:
- Global fashion market researcher
- Fashion marketing campaign officer
- Fashion marketing executive
- Public relations account executive
- Fashion marketing consultant
- Fashion entrepreneur
- Social media manager
You could also continue your studies to PhD level.
Whatever comes next after your studies, our Careers and Employability service will give you support and advice for up to 5 years after you graduate.