Corruption and bribery undermine the workings of a fair society, negatively impacting economic development, the rule of law, and market competition.
Many countries, including the UK and US, have adopted new measures to try and better combat these crimes. These new systems require additional understanding, from the investigators that enforce them, and also the businesses that might run afoul of them.
This course will teach you the legal aspects of corporate corruption and bribery, so you can identify and analyse it where it occurs, and develop strategies and tools to prevent it.
What you learn on this course prepares you for work or further study in this area. Completing the course will support application to further related courses, and provides 20 credits towards a specific parallel course, our Certificate in IP crime.
Therefore, it's an ideal next step to progression in careers in law enforcement, compliance, regulation and business.
On this short course you'll:
- Gain an understanding of corporate corruption and bribery
- Analyse real corporate corruption and bribery cases, to better understand and develop preventative tools and strategies
- Be taught by experts from the Centre for Counter Fraud Studies
- Develop additional transferable skills, such as writing and analysis
You'll have access to:
- Moodle, our online learning platform
- Online support for distance learning
You'll be assessed through:
- An essay
- A report
Teaching is delivered online, via Moodle. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, Moodle is our virtual learning environment, where we host learning materials and activities.