If English isn't your first language and want to build a career in an international working environment, such as global trade, then this BA (Hons) International Trade and Business Communication degree course is a great choice.
You'll study all things business in an English-speaking environment, preparing you for the fast-paced world of international business.
English continues to be a world language for trade and there's strong demand for graduates with both business and English Language skills. This gives you many career options after the course.
What you'll experience
On this International Trade and Business Communication course, you'll:
- Develop your English language skills alongside native and non-native speakers
- Study how people use conversational, formal and business English
- Explore the theory and practice of international trade
- Study the ways other cultures view the world and how this impacts trade
- Learn about the economic, legal and managerial factors that affect international trade
- Get the knowledge and skills you need to tackle the demands of the international workplace
- Join a community with more than 4,000 international and EU students from over 150 different countries
- Get all the support you need while living in a new country, from our Global Office
- Have the opportunity to start in years 2 or 3 if you have previous Higher Education experience
How you're assessed
You’ll be assessed through:
- in-class tests
- individual or group projects
- individual or group presentations
You’ll be able to test your skills and knowledge informally before you do assessments that count towards your final mark.
You can get feedback on all practice and formal assessments so you can improve in the future.
Teaching methods on this course include:
- independent study
- digital multimedia language laboratory sessions
- IT suite sessions
You can access all teaching resources on Moodle, our virtual learning environment, from anywhere with a Web connection.
For more about the teaching activities for specific modules, see the module list above.
Careers and opportunities
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work in the industry.
What can you do with an International Trade and Business Communication degree?
Previous graduates have gone on to build successful careers in areas such as:
- international business
- public service
- the leisure industry
Other graduates have continued their studies at postgraduate level or set up successful businesses with help and support from the University.
Work experience and career planning
To give you the best chance of securing a great job when you graduate, our Careers and Employability service can help you find relevant work experience during your course if you're eligible to work in the UK.
We can help you identify placements, internships and voluntary roles that will complement your studies.
We'll also be available to help, advise and support you for up to 5 years as you advance in your career.
Entrepreneurs in Residence
If you're interested in setting up your own business while you study, you can get support on this course from the Entrepreneurs in Residence programme. Our Entrepreneurs in Residence are experienced business professionals who work with us to deliver group workshops and 1-to-1 drop-in clinics to help you plan and market your business idea.