English is one of the main languages of global business. If you're an EU or international student who wants to improve your English while building skills in management, leadership and communication, this BA (Hons) International Business Communication degree course is for you.
You'll develop your analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills and get experience of working alongside people from many different cultures and backgrounds. And you’ll develop your English language ability, so you can effectively communicate with business managers around the globe when you start your career.
After the course, you'll be set for roles in areas such as business, trade, public service, finance, marketing, management, retail and leisure. You could also set up your own business or do postgraduate study.
What you'll experience
On this International Business Communication degree course, you’ll:
- Study how people use conversational, formal and business English
- Choose specialist modules in areas like management in a multicultural environment and intercultural perspectives on communication
- Discover how to communicate information, ideas and arguments – orally, virtually and in writing
- Learn IT skills that complement your studies, making you more attractive to future employers
- Develop analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Get experience of working on your own and in a team on projects
- Join a community with more than 4,000 international and EU students from over 100 different countries
- Get all the support you need while living in a new country, from our Global Office
How you're assessed
You’ll be assessed through:
- individual and group presentations
- essays and written coursework
You’ll be able to test your skills and knowledge informally before you do assessments that count towards your final mark.
You can get feedback on all practice and formal assessments so you can improve in the future.
Teaching methods on this course include:
You can access all teaching resources on Moodle, our virtual learning environment, from anywhere with a Web connection.
For more about the teaching activities for specific modules, see the module list above.
Careers and opportunities
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work.
What can you do with an International Business Communication degree?
With your skills, you could work in areas such as:
- public service
- the leisure industry
You could also continue your studies at postgraduate level or set up a successful business with help and support from the University.
Work experience and career planning
To give you the best chance of securing a great job when you graduate, our Careers and Employability service can help you find relevant work experience during your course if you're eligible to work in the UK.
We can help you identify placements, internships and voluntary roles that will complement your studies.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from us as you advance in your career.
Entrepreneurs in Residence
If you're interested in setting up your own business while you study, you can get support on this course from the Entrepreneurs in Residence programme. Our Entrepreneurs in Residence are experienced business professionals who work with us to deliver group workshops and 1-to-1 drop-in clinics to help you plan and market your business idea.