Advanced training for biological, chemical and physical scientists for careers in the global biotechnology sector or a research degree.
This technology is used in the production of drug delivery systems, the design of healthcare products and vaccines, and the development of healthier food products.
- Gain advanced training and an opportunity to discover industry's need for skilled biomolecular technologists
- Analyse the natural and artificially engineered large bio-molecules of importance to the pharmaceutical, food, nutrition, healthcare and biomedical industries
- A three-month industrial placement module and contributions from industry experts ensure that you learn the latest developments in the field
- Study methods in gene-cloning and protein engineering central to the biotechnology sector
- The University is located close to many pharmaceutical and biotech companies such as Astra Zeneca, Boots, Riker 3M, Mars-Pedigree, Cott Beverages, PepsiCo and United Biscuits
- The course is run by the School of Biosciences in conjunction with the Schools of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biomedical Sciences and Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- The school is ranked the number 1 research environment in the UK in the Research Excellence Framework 2014; 97% of our work in the Schools of Biosciences and Veterinary Medicine and Science was judged to be of international quality