Where do mechanical engineers find jobs? Everywhere.
At UON we train engineers capable of solving the world’s greatest challenges. As a mechanical engineering student at UON, your degree will prepare you to help address the world’s future energy needs by taking biomass, wind and tidal power solutions to the next level. You could learn to design self-driving farm machinery for ultra efficient food production, or develop the skills to tackle health issues by building revolutionary biomechanical solutions for people with disabilities.
What is mechanical engineering? Mechanical engineers design, manufacture and optimise specialist machines and processes. As part of your Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering you will study how to solve important problems. Your core courses in mechanical engineering will teach you to develop solutions using robotics, new advanced materials, the fundamental laws of energy generation and transmission, and the computer control of physical systems - from nano to mega-tonne scale. Your degree could lead to work on everything from power plants, to air conditioners, aircraft engines and racecars.
Why complete two engineering degrees? Broaden your engineering expertise to open up a wider range of career opportunities. Your skills in mechatronics engineering will provide a synergy between electrical, computer and mechanical technologies, allowing you to develop electromechanical solutions to industrial problems.
Why study with us?
- Real-world insights: Connect with industry through projects, guest lecturers, and mentoring.
- Be workplace ready: Graduates gave us a 91% satisfaction rating for workplace ready skills. In 2017, 90% of graduates were employed within 4 months.
- Travel the world with international recognition through Engineers Australia. You can even start while you’re studying with international exchanges and scholarships available.
- We’re No.1 in NSW for overall quality of the educational experience, teaching quality and student support.
- Fast-Track Masters - advance your career and gain a Master of Professional Engineering in just 1 year on top of your combined engineering degree.