This program provides an accredited Honours level 4th year of study in psychology. The content of the program includes a number of advanced topics in psychology together with the completion of an Honours level research thesis.
On successful completion of the program students will have:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of the underlying principles and concepts in the discipline of psychology.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in written and/or oral formats to present an independent exposition of knowledge and ideas to various audiences.
- Use high level cognitive skills to review, analyse and synthesize empirical knowledge to make informed decisions in applied psychology and psychological research.
- Work independently and collaboratively on psychological research projects applying intellectual independence and highly skilled research abilities.
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to ethical principles in professional practice and research.
- Demonstrate developing knowledge and skills in the practice of psychology including topics in therapeutic intervention and psychometric testing.
- Apply advanced theoretical and empirical perspectives, critical thinking and independent judgement to extend understanding and create innovative solutions in applied psychology and/or psychology research.