The Bachelor of Mathematics (Honours) is a one year full-time (or equivalent part-time) program that allows students to further develop their specific areas of interest and their research skills. Honours programs are available in Mathematics and Statistics and are considered pathways to enhanced career prospects in business and industry as well as a Research Higher Degree.
On successful completion of the program students will have:
- Strong conceptual, theoretical and analytical skills in mathematics/statistics.
- Using mathematical/statistical ideas, techniques and technologies to formulate and solve problems which arise from within or outside the discipline.
- Interpersonal and communication skills, ability to present clear and systematic reasoning in an appropriate form, written, verbal and/or visual.
- Capacity to work autonomously and with others in a research environment in preparation for a subsequent career in research, business or industry.
- Awareness of the ethical, social, international and professional practice in mathematical and statistical research and their applications in business and industry.