This additional one year program is normally undertaken by students with an excellent academic record in the Bachelor of Computer Science degree who wish to broaden their knowledge as further preparation for professional practice or to meet the requirements for admission to a research degree.
Students enrolled in the program are required to complete a project and directed courses in computer science and software engineering.
On successful completion of the program students will have:
- Advanced and in depth knowledge of computer science fundamentals directed towards an ability to undertake research projects in at least one area of computer science.
- Ability to communicate effectively with researchers in computer science and related fields.
- Advanced technical competencies in a discipline of computer science and the capacity to undertake postgraduate research.
- Ability to apply advanced concepts in research and development within the information communication and technology (ICT) industry.
- Ability to undertake in depth, self-directed analysis (such as literature reviews) of the current level of knowledge in any area of computer science.