The Bachelor of Biotechnology (Honours) is a one year full-time (or equivalent part-time) program that allows students to further develop their specific areas of interest. This degree prepares students for careers in biotechnology as well as providing a pathway into Research Higher Degree studies.
On successful completion of the program students will have:
- In-depth knowledge and ability to undertake further study and research in Biotechnology.
- Ability to develop, construct and manage a research project in Biotechnology.
- Critically and independently reflect and analyse project results.
- Ability to communicate a convincing and reasoned scientific argument at a level and style appropriate to the audience and to report scientific findings in an oral and substantial written format.
- Ability to work on an advanced scientific activity both autonomously and collaboratively.
- Ethical awareness, professional practice and awareness of the relationship between Biotechnology and society.