Students who perform well, with a GPA of 5.0 or greater, during the Bachelor of Arts degree may undertake a further year of full-time (or equivalent part-time) study to obtain an Honours degree. The Honours degree allows students to further develop their specific areas of interest.
The Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) approved sequence in Psychology is not available for students who commenced the Bachelor of Arts program from 2012.
On successful completion of the program students will have:
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of one or more specialist areas in the humanities or social sciences
- Advanced communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of research principles and methodology within one discipline, including information literacy, and the use of technology
- Capacity to apply advanced critical thinking and judgement to complex problems in a variety of contexts within one discipline to develop new understanding and to demonstrate intellectual independence
- Capacity to apply theory and method at an advanced level to design, conduct and complete an independent research thesis under supervision