Now the 'idea' person and the 'business' person can be the same person.
The Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship is designed for graduates of the future. The world is rapidly changing and employers are increasingly looking for the next generation of graduates who are experts in their chosen field but who can also apply innovative thinking and entrepreneurial flair.
This degree enables you to think distinctively, creatively and critically in a business environment. It provides the skills required to develop entrepreneurial ideas into successful new ventures, or work within existing businesses in an innovative way.
Embedding commerce, innovation and entrepreneurial knowledge into a combined degree program with practical experiences in diverse industries makes you extremely employable in both the public and private sectors.
Why study with us?
- Employers prefer our graduates. The work-ready skills you will gain from this degree will give you a substantial edge in the jobs market.
- Hands-on and innovative. Develop your entrepreneurial flair and gain the commercial know-how to create innovative solutions for society and organisations.
- Make global connections. Take part in international immersions, placements, student exchange and leadership programs in countries all over the world.
- Study at NeW Space. NeW Space, in Newcastle's CBD, provides the optimum environment for you to excel in your studies.
- Build your networks. The BusCom Student Association is a vibrant student community that provides professional networking opportunities through industry partnerships.
What will you study?
The combined Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship provides flexibility to select an area of study best suited to your interests. As part of your Commerce degree you can major in up to two of the following areas:
The first year of study is designed to give a strong grounding in the principles and practices of commerce, innovation and entrepreneurship, and equip you with a core set of business development skills. You will complete subjects from a broad area of disciplines relevant to business including:
- business strategy
- innovation and entrepreneurship
Moving into the second, third and fourth years of this combined degree, you will complete courses relevant to your chosen major sequence.
The work-ready skills you will gain from this degree will give you a substantial edge in the jobs market.
This contemporary degree prepares you with the academic knowledge and unique practical experience needed to become highly competitive in rapidly changing regional, national and global economies and communities.