Now the 'idea' person and the 'business' person can be the same person.
The Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship will enable you to think distinctively, creatively and critically in a business environment. The degree provides the skills required to develop entrepreneurial ideas into successful new ventures, or work within existing businesses in an innovative way.
This degree is designed to stretch your imagination and start you down a path of a successful future in an increasingly dynamic commercial world. Your experiences will enable you to think globally and see the big picture, but also give you the tools and networks to dream big and act as a change agent.
Embedding business, innovation and entrepreneurial knowledge into a combined degree program will see you as a leading candidate when applying for jobs in both the public and private sectors, both nationally and internationally.
Why study with us?
- Employers prefer our graduates. The work-ready skills you will gain from this degree will give you a substantial edge in the jobs market.
- Hands-on and innovative. Develop your entrepreneurial flair and gain the business know-how to create innovative solutions for society and organisations.
- Make global connections. Take part in international immersions, placements, student exchange and leadership programs in countries all over the world.
- Study at NeW Space. NeW Space, in Newcastle's CBD, provides the optimum environment for you to excel in your studies.
- Build your networks. The BusCom Student Association is a vibrant student community that provides professional networking opportunities through industry partnerships.
What will you study?
The combined Bachelor of Business /Bachelor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship provides flexibility to select an area of study best suited to your interests matched with teaching and mentoring in entrepreneurship and innovative thinking.
The first year of study is designed to give a strong grounding in the principles and practices of business and equip you with a core set of business development skills. You will complete subjects from a broad area of disciplines relevant to business including:
- business strategy
- innovation and entrepreneurship
Moving into the second, third and fourth years of the Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship program, you will undertake courses relevant to your chosen major sequence.
The work-ready skills you will gain from this degree will give you a substantial edge in the jobs market.
This contemporary degree prepares you with the academic knowledge and unique practical experience needed to become highly competitive in rapidly changing regional, national and global economies and communities.