Discover your passion and create your world.
Open your eyes to the possibilities - become a trailblazer with the entrepreneurial skills to innovate across a range of creative fields.
The Bachelor of Creative Industries is a breakthrough degree designed for those looking to make real cultural, political and social impact through innovative and entrepreneurial approaches to creative output.
Whether you are planning to be a solo practitioner, part of a start-up, or just want to maximise your opportunity for employment across a range of sectors, the Bachelor of Creative Industries will prepare you for careers of the future.
Why study with us?
- Strong employment growth with creative job numbers increasing by 40% more than Australia's working population each year. Locally, NSW is home to 40% of Australia's creative industries workforce and 57% of Australia's creative industries services exports.
- In-demand graduates prepared for careers of the future with highly adaptable skills and the ability to translate creativity into commercial success.
- Innovate and break the mould: Set yourself up for more than one career through interdisciplinary collaboration across eight diverse areas of study.
- Strong industry experience: Enrich your learning through hands-on study, interdisciplinary collaboration and solid industry experience.
- Study what inspires you, maximise your job opportunities and develop your creative interest across a range of study areas.
What will you study?
The Bachelor of Creative Industries allows you to tailor your studies with flexible pathways. You can choose a single major, a double minor or a directed pathway where you get maximum breadth with a broader focus across study areas.
Our creative industries degree focuses on digital literacies, social innovation, business capabilities and entrepreneurial activities.
It is a three-year, interdisciplinary degree with a dual focus - combining a creative major with core courses that emphasise skills essential to entrepreneurial activity, such as:
- market analysis
- project management
- business models
- stakeholder engagement
The creative industries is one of the fastest-growing, most dynamic segments of the national economy. In recent years, salaries and wages in creative employments rose by an additional $10 billion from $26 to $36 billion within 5 years.
The Bachelor of Creative Industries is expressly designed to develop entrepreneurial and career-savvy graduates with highly employable skills. Whether you're directing, supporting or delivering creative content, this degree will prepare you for exciting roles focused around creative and social innovation.
The creative industries encompasses a wide range of employment within both creative and non-creative sectors including:
- arts and arts administration
- advertising and public relations (PR)
- community arts and culture
- digital media
- exhibition management
- performance and performance management
- publishing and print media
- urban development
- venue production
- writing and communications