Now you can learn to efficiently weave 'magic' into commercial applications across both creative and entrepreneurial innovations.
The Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (BCI/BIE) is designed for graduates intent on making their mark in the world through creative innovation and enterprise.
As a BCI/BIE student, you will develop in-demand abilities needed to create innovative futures that influence markets, economies and communities. Gain an understanding of the processes, risks, rewards, motivations and societal impacts of innovation and entrepreneurship within regional, national and global perspectives.
Jumpstart your career and develop stronger work-ready skills throughout your studies by building your own professional networks and working with a range of stakeholders and audiences.
Why study with us?
- Gain a competitive edge for careers of the future: develop specialised capabilities in managing creative activities combined with in-demand innovative skills.
- Enjoy diverse career pathways with practical skills, experience and expertise qualifying you to work across various sectors in Australia and overseas.
- Strong employment growth across creative industries, with job numbers annually increasing by 40% more than than Australia's workforce. NSW is home to 40% of our creative workforce and 57% of creative services exports.
- Hands-on and work-ready: Develop industry networks while studying at UON's $95 million dollar NeW Space development and gain job-ready skills with the BCI/BIE's entrepreneurial focus and strong links to creative communities, start-ups and local businesses.
- Global connections: Enjoy exciting opportunities such as international immersion trips, overseas placements, student exchange and the international leaders program in countries all over the world.
What will you study?
The Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (BCI/BIE) diversifies your capabilities and future-proofs your career. Learn hands-on from the start with access to cutting-edge creative facilities and gain mentoring across entrepreneurship and innovative thinking.
The BCI/BIE is a multi-disciplinary program that appeals to people from all backgrounds. Your core courses will provide in-depth knowledge and skills in a range of critical areas:
- entrepreneurial activity
- business skills
- digital literacies
- social innovation
- economics; and
You will also have opportunities to select your preferred electives from a wide range of diverse subjects that will further enrich your studies and expertise.
The Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship degree program produces graduates for in-demand careers of the future. Develop expertise in facilitating and managing creative activities, innovation and enterprise. Career examples include:
- arts entrepreneur
- arts marketer
- business consultant
- cultural arts officer
- cultural resource manager
- distribution consultant
- events manager
- exhibitions officer
- film and media producer or analyst
- government or business administration
- grants officer
- innovation manager
- production manager
- social media manager
- transmedia producer