Now you can enjoy the best of both worlds with expertise in arts as well as in innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (BA/BIE) combined degree will produce a new breed of graduates. Develop rich expertise in arts, culture, and social science, along with innovative and entrepreneurial business skills.
This combined degree will develop and inspire individuals interested in creating innovative futures that influence markets, communities and societies. It is designed to provide you with a strong grasp of the complex processes, risks, rewards, motivations and societal impacts of innovation and entrepreneurship within regional, national and global perspectives.
Graduates are empowered with commercial skills, specialist knowledge and the ability to think distinctively, creatively and critically in a business environment. Stretch your imagination and gain highly competitive skills to jumpstart a bright future in an increasingly dynamic and commercial world.
Why study with us?
- Pursue multiple areas of interest: Choose from 21 diverse study areas, and combine with core studies in innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Diversify your career options with multidisciplinary skills and expertise ensuring you gain a competitive edge across various sectors in Australia and overseas.
- Hands-on from the start: Gain opportunities to build vital skills and networks with the program's focus on entrepreneurial strategy along with strong links to local businesses and start up companies.
- Global connections: Enjoy exciting opportunities such as international immersion trips, overseas placements, student exchange and the international leaders program in countries all over the world.
- Employers prefer our graduates. The work-ready skills you will gain from this degree will give you a substantial edge in the jobs market.
What will you study?
The combined Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (BA/BIE) empowers you to diversify your skills and better shape your future. Focus on what interests you - choose from 21 areas of study within arts and humanities. In addition, you will also benefit from hands-on teaching and mentoring across entrepreneurship and innovative thinking.
The first year of study is designed to provide a strong foundation in the principles and practices of business, equipping you with a core set of commercial and business development skills. You will complete studies across a broad range of business disciplines including:
- entrepreneurship and innovation
Your second, third and fourth years of study will allow you to further enrich and diversify your learning and skillset. The combined program allows you to tailor your study experience undertaking courses relevant to your chosen major sequence.
The Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (BA/BIE) enables graduates to think globally and laterally, armed with the tools and networks to dream big and incite change.
Your education, training and qualifications will empower you to develop your entrepreneurial ideas in the arts and humanities into successful new ventures. You can also enrich economies, cultures, societies and communities by working within existing businesses in exciting and innovative ways.
The multidisciplinary nature of your studies will open doors, allowing you to pursue multiple areas of interest and diversifying your employment options throughout your professional career.