140% projected career growth, 1000% rewarding.
Psychology is the scientific study of human behaviour, the human brain and its effect on the way we act and why. This fascinating area of study covers a broad range of areas such as memory, decision-making and developmental studies.
In addition to gaining knowledge in a diverse array of psychology fields, the Bachelor of Psychological Science also encompasses statistical analysis and research methodologies to provide you with comprehensive skills that can be utilised across a variety of career paths. Your study will help you become an expert in human behaviour and give you the skills to make a positive impact in the lives of others.
Why study with us?
- Great projected career growth - according to the department of employment, psychology is predicted to experience very strong job growth over the next four years
- We are globally recognised for excellence in scientific research meaning you will learn from award winning academics who are research leaders in their field.
- Graduate with a distinct employment advantage. Students have the option of going on to complete an Honours year, which is considered by employers as an added skill and has been used by previous graduates to pursue high positions and salaries. This is one of the reasons our Psychological Science graduates enjoy an 87% employment rate.
What will you study?
The Bachelor of Psychological Science covers a wide range of subject areas. In your first year you will examine the influences on behaviour and personality plus the mechanisms of behaviour such as emotions, perception, learning and memory. Second year expands on these topics to include areas of the biological basis of behaviour, while in third year you will study core topics in more depth. Throughout the degree you will learn about:
- research methodology
- cognition and information processing
- social psychology and personality
- clinical and abnormal behaviour
- perceptual processes and learning theory
- developmental psychology
Depending on your marks throughout your degree you will have the option to study Honours. Honours gives you a good research base to progress on to postgraduate study and can also boost your employment prospects. We are one of only a handful of universities to offer a Psychological Science (Honours) degree and this gives you a better chance to pursue higher positions and salaries after you graduate.
Professionals in the field of psychology work in a large range of areas.
If you want to practise as a clinical psychologist you will need to complete additional postgraduate study after your Bachelor of Psychological Science degree - Master of Clinical Psychology.