Learn business locally. Do business globally.
The Bachelor of Business will give you a broad understanding of Australian and global business environments. You will gain practical skills and attributes that are highly valued by employers in a range of disciplines including finance, accounting, economics, politics, marketing, leisure and tourism, the legal system, industrial relations and statistics. Our business graduates go on to exciting, stimulating and lucrative careers in the private, government and not-for-profit sectors in Australia and internationally.
The Newcastle Business School is hands-on and practical in its approach to learning and teaching. You will have the opportunity to gain local and international workplace experience through work integrated learning projects, industry placements and guest lectures from business professionals. Our international immersion and placement opportunities run annually to countries such as China, Singapore, Samoa and Kenya.
Why study with us?
- Our business graduates get jobs with 91% securing employment within four months of completing their degree.
- Make global connections. Take part in international immersions, placements, student exchange and leadership programs in countries all over the world.
- Real-world experience. We workwith industry to create work-ready graduates that possess the skills and business acumen employers' desire.
- Study at NeW Space. NeW Space, in Newcastle's CBD, provides the optimum environment for you to excel in your studies.
- Balance your studies while you work. Our flexible timetables make it easy for you to attend class outside normal working hours.
What will you study?
When you study a Bachelor of Business you will establish a firm understanding of the contemporary business environment and undertake studies in a range of disciplines. You'll have the opportunity to select from eight majors.
In your first year of the business degree you will complete subjects from a broad range of disciplines. This initial year of business studies gives you a strong grounding in business principles and equips you with a set of core business development skills before you choose your major. You will develop skills in the following areas:
- business decision making
In the second and third years of your business degree, you'll undertake courses relevant to your chosen specialty. Each of our eight majors provide specialist skills to succeed within that field.
In 2016, 91% of our business graduates went on to secure jobs in a diverse range of areas.